Core Reading Material: Sections 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5
Point Value: 20 points in all (3 points per question, except as noted)
Directions: Solve the 7 problems listed below on your own, with the assistance of your book and classroom notes. Submit your answers HERE through Blackboard. You may either use the text editor provided to enter the answers directly, or you may attach a file (or files) that contain your work. For example, you can put your answers in an MS Word file and submit that, or you could take pictures of handwritten work and submit the picture files to me as attachments.Where appropriate, you should always provide some supporting work to explain how you arrived at a given answer. Correct answers without any supporting explanation may not receive 100% credit.
Problems to Solve:
[Note: Unless specified differently, round monetary answers to the nearest penny.]
(1) [2 pts] A “fibonacci type” sequence has s1 = 6 and s2 = 3. List the first five terms of the sequence. Then find S5, the sum of the first five terms.
(2) For the arithmetic sequence whose first four terms are 5, 7, 9, 11, … . Find A88, the sum of the first 88 terms of the sequence.
(3) Find the value of the summation:
(4) Find the value of the sum: 6 + 13 + 20 + 27 + … + 398 + 405 + 412 + 419
(5) A geometric sequence has a first term of g1 = 10 and a common ratio of r = -2. Find G9, the sum of the first 9 terms of the sequence, in two ways. Write out the terms and find the sum “by hand” and also find it using the formula:
(6) Suppose that you deposit $50 at the end of every month into an account that gives 6% annual interest, compounded monthly. You do this over a period of 8 years. How much will you have in your account at the end of the 8 year period ?
(7) At the end of every quarter over the course of 5 years, a person deposits $400 into an investment account. The account the money is deposited into gives 5% annual interest, compounded quarterly. Conisdering the fact that the person will ultimately deposit $8,000 of their own money into the account, how much interest will the person have made at the end of the 5 years ?.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that our Homework Sharks follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.