1. Your response should be brief (1 paragraph) and to the point.
Use factual data to support your response.
A. It appeared as if the U.S. was willing to deviate from the democratic principles upon which it was founded in order to prevent the spread of Communism. Identify specific actions the U.S. took during the 1950s.
B. Why do you suppose it was so important to the U.S. to prevent the spread of Communism?
2. Discussion Board #7 1960-1974
1.How was the Great Society revolutionary?
2.Re-Read page 774, American Communities: Uptown, Chicago, Illinois. How did the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) represent the more radical elements of American yout Vietnam mobilize the youth in America?
Read Article: https://www.historynet.com/live-from-dc-its-lottery-night-1969.htm
Watch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY2Zu6iJAHM&feature=emb_logo
1. What did you find the most interesting about the documentary?
2. Would you actively participate in the anti war movement, or would you stay out? Give your reasons.
3. Explain your thoughts on why you feel the U.S.’s actions in Vietnam were moral or immoral as seen in the video. Explain your reasoning.
4. If a Draft was reintroduced today, how would you feel about being called up to serve?
Lecture and Text Discussion Questions:
1.In the article: An Ugly History with Chile, the U.S. backed a ruthless dictator who eventually was sent to prison for crimes against humanity (death squads, torture etc.). Presently, the U.S. brought down and promoted the prosecution and eventual death sentence of another ruthless dictator, Saddam Hussein, who was also found guilty of crimes against humanity. Why do you think the U.S. flip-flopped in its attitudes toward each of these men.
2. Was the U.S. morally right in its stance toward these two men? Why or why not? (in other words, what did the U.S. have to gain by its actions toward each?)
3. Do you feel it is permissible for a nation to ignore moral laws it supposedly stands for (human rights violations such as torture; civil rights violations refusing legal aid or human contact for suspected terrorists; sovereignty violations by removing even democratically elected leaders of foreign nations to prevent Communism/terrorism from spreading) when its security is at risk? Explain your opinion.
4. OK. You’ve read two articles concerning Chile and my own discussion of American involvement in Panama. Each is fairly negative in its treatment of the U.S. Would you say this treatment is fair? Are there any fallacies in the way in which each article treats the U.S. (over-generalizations, biases, opinion not supported by fact etc.)? Give brief support for your answer).
5.Does the U.S. have an obligation to its citizens to protect them and their private property even if they or their property is in another country? Why or why not?
6.Instead of ‘Communism’, let’s substitute the word ‘terrorism’. Do you think the U.S. is using the threat of terrorism within the U.S. as an excuse to carry out activities it (before 9/11) would not have been able to carry out? Explain why or why not but give us specific examples to support your opinion.
7.(Footnotes to History section) In one sentence summarize the point being made by fashion trends during the 70s. Could you compare the trends you see in medicine and health as with those of fashion? How?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.