PLEASE FOLLOW THE PAPER INSTRUCTIONS!! CITE EVERY QUESTION WITH PARAGRAPH THANK YOU
**** READ EACH QUESTION AND ANSWER THOROUGHLY SEPARATELY.
**** MAKE SURE TO CITE EVERY QUESTION WITH PARAGRAPH
1. Provide the three definitions of virtue we covered in class as given in or derivable from Plato's Meno 70a-79e.
2. In 250-300 words, explain the paradox about knowledge and the solution provided by Socrates in Plato's Meno 80d-86 c.
3. In 250-300 words, provide an account of Socrates' argument for the immorality of the soul, which in class we labeled as the "Argument of opposites" as found in Plato's Phaedo. (Find it and cite paragraph)
4. Provide the three definitions of soul found in Aristotle's De anima and discussed them in class. (Find it and cite paragraph).
5. Name the Following as found in Aristotle's De anima:
a. The five sense powers
b. Their respective sense organs
c. Their respective proper objects
d. Their respective mediums
6. In 250-300 words, provide a clear summary of Anselm's so-called ontological argument as found in his proslogian 2-5.
7. Answer the following questions with a simple yes or no and one reference for each answer to Anslem's Proslogian, Guanilo's on Behalf of the fool or Anslem's reply to Guanilo
a. In ON BEHALF OF THE FOOL does Guanilo think that Anslem's so-so called ontological argument is sound?
b. In his reply to Guanilo, does Anslem think that the lost Island necessarily exists?
c. In his Proslogion, does Anslem think that God is a body?
8. In no more than 200 words, provide a clear summary of Berkley's so-called master argument in support of immaterialism as found in his Treatise Part I, SS 21-24.
9. Answer the following questions with a simple yes or no and a reference to Berkeley's Treatise for each answer:
a. Does Berkeley think that we are incapable of conceiving abstract ideas?
b. Does Berkeley think that matter exists?
c. Does Berkeley think that immaterialism invalidates the efforts of the natural sciences?