Give an initial diagnosis for this character in the movie
You are to select one of the following movies or come up with another movie by the date of the midterm exam and email in your choice of movie to the instructor. You are to watch the movie in total and then you are to write an eight (8) page minimum APA style paper. You are to write a case study on one of the major characters in the movie.
Give a short synopsis of the movie
1. Give an initial diagnosis for this character in the movie
2. Then you must list what diagnoses one would need to rule out as one continues to work with this character as a client.
3. Then you must provide a tentative treatment plan utilizing Empirically Validated Treatment (EVT) or Evidence Based Best Practices (EBBP) if possible. You must be very precise and detailed in what the treatment would entail. You must talk about:
1. Type of treatment
2. Length of treatment
3. Specific methodology used in the treatment
4. Benefits of the EVT or EBBP for the client
5. Possible negative effects of the EVT or EBBP for the client
4. You then must talk about whether or not one would refer this client to a psychiatrist for psychopharmacological treatment. If referring to a psychiatrist for possible medication you would have to detail out what possible type of medication the psychiatrist might choose, the rationale for its utilization, and what would be the benefits and possible negative side effects of it for the client.
5. Lastly, if the movie character had been successful in getting the treatment outlined by you, how would the change in this character have affected the outcome of the story line in this movie?
Some Suggested Movies
Perks of Being a Wallflower
Benny & Joon
The Dream Team
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Boys Don’t Cry
As Good as It Gets
A Beautiful Mind
What About Bob
What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
Splendor in the Grass
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?
The Silence of the Lambs
Suddenly Last Summer
Rebel without a Cause
Courage Under Fire
She’s So Lovely
Silver Linings Playbook
The Sixth Sense
References should come from: Abnormal Psychology: An integrative Approach, Eighth Edition. David H. Barlow, V. Mark Durand, Stefan G. Hofmann