Follow Instructions! (CRJ 408 Essay 2)
Discipline: Criminal Justice
Type of Paper: Essay (any type)
Academic Level: High school
Paper Format: APA
will focus broadly on the current Heroin / Opioid Epidemic in the United States and focus more specifically on the following:
- Identify broadly how the Heroin Epidemic has impacted U.S. society
- Discuss the impact of the Heroin Epidemic on crime
- Identify Legislation, both local and federal, aimed at interdiction and eradication of illicit Heroin.
- Differentiate between different drug treatment programs and their effectiveness
- Describe the characteristics of affective criminal justice that effectively reduce - Opioid addictive behaviors through one of two initiatives:
1. Preventative Deterrence: through public education programs OR
2. Restorative Justice: through public health models
After the theoretical reading under analysis has been carefully studied, the critique can be drafted using this sample outline.
Avoid introducing your ideas by simply stating "I think" or "in my opinion." Keep the focus on the subject of your analysis, not on yourself. Identifying your opinions weakens them. Always introduce the work. Do not assume that because your reader knows what you are writing about, you do not need to mention the work's citation. Support your thesis with detailed, peer-reviewed reliable evidence. Do not forget to cite quotes and paraphrases.
Other things to consider:
—> Is there a controversy surrounding either the passage or the subject which it concerns?
—> What about the subject matter is of current interest?
—> What is the overall value or importance of the subject matter?
—> So what? Why is this subject important?
—> Remember that the purpose of a critical analysis is not merely to inform, but also to evaluate the worth, utility, excellence, distinction, truth, validity, beauty, or goodness of something.
—> Your analysis should provide information, interpretation, and evaluation. Avoid just writing an opinion piece. The information will help your reader understand the nature of the work under analysis. The interpretation will explain the meaning of the work, therefore requiring your correct understanding of it. The evaluation will discuss your opinions of the work and present valid justification for them.
—> Use no less than ten (10) primary sources to support your analysis. Use standard APA format, 12-point font, Times New Roman, double spaced, 1 inch margins and you do not need to include an abstract.