Chapter 7 assignment: How long will you live?
Go to the following website, and complete the life span calculator then answer the questions below.
Life expectancy calculator:
I went and got 87 years on my age calculator
1. How long are you expected to live?
2. Does this surprise you? Why or why not.
3. How does it feel to see a number that may predict the time of your death? Explain.
3. Go back and make some adjustments to your behaviors. For example if you are a smoker record yourself as a non-smoker. What happened to your life expectancy? Show at least three examples of parameters you changed and what happened to your life expectancy.
4. In what areas do you need to make changes in your behavior?
5. How willing are you to change current risk behaviors to ensure a healthy older age? Explain?
6. In what ways do your current health protective and health risk behaviors impact your future health? Be specific and use examples.
7. Do you think life expectancy is influenced by race/ethnicity? Explain
8. Did this assignment have any impact on your current health behaviors? Explain. Do you think this assignment will impact your future health behaviors? Explain.
9. Do you think the sharp increase in the number of older adults in the next 20 years will impact society? Please explain.
10. What did you learn about your ability to confront information that makes you feel uncomfortable? Do you think this assignment has helped you to grow as a person? Why or why not?