Baby Boomers are those born between 1946 and 1964. For this assignment you are going to interview a boomer. Ask the questions which follow and summarize the answers. Please number each question and write the answer below. Please note, be sure the formatting is correct when you submit.
If you are a Baby Boomer, interview another Boomer. Remember, this is an interview so I am not asking you when and where you were born, you are asking the person you are interviewing.
1. Describe the person you are interviewing. Give me a mental picture.
2. Where and when were you born? Please describe. If your boomer was born in another country, ask her/him to describe what it was like living there.
3. In your opinion, what was the most important historical period or event you lived through? Describe.
4. What is the biggest change you have observed in how people live their everyday lives? Describe.
5. What period of your life has been the best so far? Why?
6. What’s the one thing you have always wanted to do but have not done yet?
7. What advice would you give young people to help them prepare for older age?
8. Have you experienced any negative attitudes or discrimination because of your age, race/ethnicity or sexual orientation? Explain?
Questions for you after you have completed your interview.
9. What did you learn from your boomer? Did this surprise you? Explain.
10. Did your boomer conform to your mental picture of an older adult? Why or why not?
11. Did this interview change your opinion about ageing and older adults?
12. How did this interview reflect your prior experience with older adults? Did it reinforce or change your prior experience?
13. What did you learn about your ability to change your opinion when confronted with information you didn’t expect?