RISK OF DISEASE DUE TO HEREDITY AND LIFESTYLE PROJECT 1. Interview of Family Member: Interview two family relatives or individuals who have been influential in your life to gather the following information to determine your potential to develop diseases that could be life-threatening and/or life-limiting (i.e. heart disease, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, cancer, etc.). You will use this information, along with your personal dietary and lifestyle behaviors to evaluate your potential for development of these diseases and to develop a dietary and lifestyle action plan for the future as you complete this course.
a. Answer the following questions:
1. Current age of relatives or influential individuals
2. Age(s) at death, or current age, of close relatives (i.e. parents, grandparents, etc.) or individuals
3. What diseases and causes of death have been experienced by this “side” of your family?
2. Analysis of Dietary Habits of Family Member a. How often did they eat per day? b. Do/did they eat any of the following?
1. Whole grains or processed bread and cereal
2. Vegetables 3. Fruits 4. Dairy/condiments 5. Types of meat (beef, chicken, turkey, fish) and frequency of consumption of these and eggs per week.
3. Analysis of Physical Activity and Lifestyle Habits of Family Member a. What is/was the occupation of these relatives or individuals? What types and amount of physical activity does/did this require?
b. Do/did they engage in any recreational exercise? If so, what activities do/did they perform?
c. Did they engage in organized exercise? What type of exercise did they perform? How long were their exercise sessions?
d. Do/did they smoke? If so, how many packs/cans per day?
e. Do/did they drink alcohol? If so, how many drinks per day or week?
4. Your Personal Dietary and Behavior Habits
a. How often do you eat per day?
b. How many servings do you typically eat per day of the following (refer to your dietary analysis data to answer this question)
1. Whole grains or processed bread and cereal
4. Dairy products/condiments
5. Meat, chicken, turkey, fish, eggs
c. How often do you engage in physical activity per week? 1. Average length of each exercise session 2. Average intensity of each session
Your task is to write a two-page paper on a family health risk that you discovered when you conducted an interview of a family member. Some of the common health conditions that run in families include the following: heart disease, alcoholism, COPD, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, strokes, stress and tobacco use.
Your essay should include the following sections:
1. Introduction (one paragraph): The opening paragraph should provide a brief overview of your family health history and should identify and describe ONE key health risk that you plan to discuss in your paper.
2. Description of health risk (multiple paragraphs): This section of your paper should discuss the signs, symptoms, and preventative measures of this health risk. This information should come primarily from: a. Textbook b. Internet-be careful of legitimate sources c. American Heart Association website d. WebMD e. Health Journals
3. Discussion of Health Risk and Lifestyle (multiple paragraphs): The final section of your essay should discuss how this condition relates to you and what you plan to do to implement a healthy lifestyle program.
Once you have written your essay, use the following checklist to make sure you have written a successful essay. _____ Paper is typed, double-spaced, using a Times New Roman 12 point font. _____ Paper includes details that are accurate and comprehensive. Details should come from both your own experiences (and interview) and from sources you have consulted. _____ Information you used from other written sources are documented appropriately. (For help with documenting borrowed sources, go to the following link: http://www.lonestar.edu/library/research-help.htm ) _____ The essay is well-organized. Major points are stated clearly at the beginning of each paragraph, and transitional words are used to help the reader move from point to point. _____ The essay has been edited and proofread to avoid fragments, run-ons, comma splices, incorrect verb forms, and misspellings. For assistance with grammar, please go to the Writing SEA Center, located in the Learning Center.)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that our Homework Sharks follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.