This assignment is based on the need to meet the following learning outcomes;
1. Critically discuss the evidence base used for skilful mental health nursing interventions, including skills needed when supporting people of all ages, those with coexisting physical health problems, or with a coexisting learning disability.
2. Be able to identify and critically analyse a range of theoretical perspectives and models of mental health and illness, including the medical model, the stress vulnerability model and the strengths model used when undertaking full and accurate person-centred mental health nursing assessments and developing appropriate care plans.
3. Critically discuss the rationale that underpins the current safeguarding arrangements for mental health care, including legislation, policy and professional obligations such as Mental Health Act, the Mental Capacity Act and NMC Standards.
1. Demonstrate skilfulness in partnership working with people, families and carers to continuously monitor, evaluate and reassess the effectiveness of all agreed mental health nursing care plans and care, sharing decision making and readjusting agreed goals, documenting progress and decisions made.
2. Discuss how interpersonal values and skills are necessary to promote recovery oriented mental health nursing practice thereby demonstrating the ability to support service user self-management.
3. Use inquiry skills to access and demonstrate critical understanding of the evidence base relating to issues covered in the module.
Based on the case study below
Malcolm is a 66-year-old male. He has a diagnosis of Bipolar Affective Disorder with a 15-year history of using Mental Health (MH) services. Malcolm is a retired Royal Air Force (RAF) officer, who has served in three conflicts abroad. He is in receipt of RAF pension only. He lives in a low-income house with his partner and four children aged 10, 11, 15 and 17 years. Their 10 year old son Calvin has profound and multiple learning disabilities.
Malcolm has recently contacted a car dealership with the intent of purchasing two new cars. He also said to his friend Jack that his home is too small and would like to purchase a house the size of a castle or may be one for each of the children in the near future. He has a history of substance misuse problems and often takes cannabis.
Malcolm’s wife Katie is his full-time carer and carer for their children. Katie also has a history of using MH services. Katie is Jewish, a vegan and has a diagnosis of Paranoid Schizophrenia and Anxiety Disorder. She has a history with the Crisis Team and has a care coordinator within the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT). Katie is moderately obese and also has a diagnosis of hypertension but is not happy taking any medication. As a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN), you arrive on the ward after Katie has been admitted on Section 3 (Treatment Order) after an assessment under the Mental Health Act. Prior to this assessment Katie was non-concordant to any form of treatment, frequently telling Malcolm that tablets are contaminated with poison.
After hand over, you are assigned as her primary nurse and you need to complete a comprehensive care plan for Katie.
Based on the Case Study, what would inform your in-depth critical formulation of a comprehensive recovery focused care plan. Focus on the 3 themes of your choice that you are going to prioritise in your care plan e.g. (physical health, medication, CBT) etc.
Use current prevailing literature and guidelines to inform your critical think and writing of your identified themes.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.