LESSON 2-2 FINDING GROSS PAY
INSTRUCTIONS: Gross Pay = Pay per hour times Hours worked
Example: Paid at $15/hr for 6 hours is $15 x 6 = $90 Gross Pay
1. Chester Krump worked these hours last week: Monday, 7 hours; Tuesday, 8 hours; Wednesday, 6 hours; Thursday, 7 hours; FridaY,,5 hours. Chester is paid $12 an hour.
How many hours did Chester work last week?
What was his gross pay for the week?
2. Rosemary Karzim earns $9 per hour at her job. The hours she worked during each of the last four weeks are shown at the right. For each week find the gross pay Rosemary earned. Then find her total gross pay for four weeks. Write your answers in the chart.
Week. Hours Worked. Gross Pay
1 40 $
2 31 $
3 37 $
4 39 $
Total Gross Pay $
3. Sandra Milgor has two jobs. Her full-time job pays $9 per hour. A part-time job pays $5 an hour. Last week Sandra worked 32 hours at her full-time job and 14 hours at her part-time job. Find the
gross pay she earned at her full-time job. $
gross pay she earned at her part-time job. $
total amount she earned from both jobs $
4. Harrison Cronk earns a weekly salary of $356.
How much would Harrison earn in 4 weeks of work? $
How much would he earn in a 52-week year? $
LESSON 2-4 FINDING AVERAGE PAY
INSTRUCTIONS: Find simple averages by adding the amounts, then dividing by the number of items added.
Example: Average of 4, 8, and 9 is 4 + 8 + 9 = 21, 21/3 = 7 (the average)
5. Quinn LeGrow worked at three jobs in three weeks. In the first week, he earned $310. In the next week, he was paid $334. In the third week, he was paid $307.
What average pay per week did Quinn earn for these three weeks?
6. The monthly earnings of Cynthia Gragg for May through August were $1,684, $1,752, $1,592, $1,664.
What average amount per month did she earn for these four months? $
7. Nestor Gorbea worked five days last week and earned these amounts: $85.63, $79.66, $75.65, $89.28, $90.58.
What average amount per day did Nestor earn during these five days, rounded to the nearest dollar? $
8. Pauline Morse has worked as a loan officer in a bank for the past three years. During her first year, she earned $23,400. Her earnings increased to $26,200 the second year, and to $29,600 the third year.
What were her average annual earnings for the three years she worked for the bank?$
Finding Weighted Averages. Example: What is the average rate of pay for workers if 4 workers get $5.00 per hour, 3 get $7/hr and 2 get $10/hour (9 workers).
4 x $5 = $20, 3 x $7 = $21, 2 x $11 = $22; $20 + $21 + $22 = $63 / 9 = $7 per hour average rate of pay
9. Paul Bailey earns extra money by refinishing wood floors. His charge is based on the size and condition of the floor. Last month, he refinished 6 floors for $80 each, 2 floors for $68 each, and 1 floor for $122.
What average amount per floor did he earn for the month? $
10. After working at her new job, Rhonda Bloch found that she had earned the following monthly salaries: $1,600 monthly for the first 3 months; $1,720 monthly for the following 2 months; $1,840 for the sixth month.
What average amount per month did Rhonda earn during these six months?$
11. Four employees of the Micro-Line Company earn $14 an hour. Another 6 employees earn $12 an hour, while 4 others are paid $10 an hour.
What is the average pay per hour earned by the employees?$
Finding an unknown item in a series (see if you can figure these out yourself).
12. By working for 4 weeks at your part-time job you earned these amounts: $60, $72, $53, $47.
What pay will you have to earn in the fifth week to average $56 a week for five weeks of work?$
13. The average weekly pay of five employees of the Morris Electrical Supply Company is $473. The weekly pay of four of the employees is $385, $530, $526, $495.
What is the weekly pay of the other employee?$
14. On Monday, five employees of the Wexel Cartage Company earned an average gross pay of $108 for the day. Four of the employees earned these amounts on that day: $116, $102, $119, $86.
How much did the fifth employee earn on Monday?$
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.