***Instructions are VERY specific and MUST be followed exactly***
Pick ONE of the following questions and choose a position. You must research your position and write a solid defense of whatever you chose to discuss:
1. What group currently poses the greatest threat to the US and why?
2. What type of terrorism do you think is the most dangerous to governments? Why is this greatest threat and what actions should be taken to prevent it? (Note: This question is not discussing weapon-types.)
3. Sometimes terrorism ends – pick a group and discuss how they’ve gone away.
The paper should be written using the APA Handbook and guidelines. Do not include works in your references that are not cited. We are CRAZY about insisting on using APA format. Your entire paper, (which includes a cover sheet and an abstract) including your bibliography/references MUST be in APA format – ask us if you have questions or need help. Failure to use APA is an automatic 10 points off your paper grade.
You will be submitting your papers through TurnItIn and the following rant is because every semester we have a student who thinks they can get away with it. The end result is usually begging, tears, apologies, threats, and ultimately a failing grade – and that’s just what the instructors go through.
Under no circumstances should you be using Wikipedia or similar web sites as a reference for your papers. This includes any website that allows for community editing of information (a wiki). However, you may visit Wikipedia, etc. to find other primary source information.
Your paper must be 1.5 spaced, Times New Roman 11 font, with 1” margins, with spacing between paragraphs set to zero. You must have a title page (which does not have to be APA compliant), an abstract, and a works cited page. These pages do not count as written content. We use the grading rubric found on the next page so there should be no surprises as to what you will be graded on.
Undergraduate Paper Requirements:
Paper must be 2 pages of written content (This does not include title page, abstract, or bibliography), and must cite at least 3 quality sources. The course textbook can be used as a source but does not count towards your minimum.
TIPS FOR A PERFECT PAPER!
· Don’t use any type of first person “I” or “we” or “us” or “you”. You should be writing in the 3rd person neutral ie “Research indicates that fully one third of Dr. Casserleigh’s students don’t read this far in the assignment (Rodgers, 2019). “
· This is a research paper – don’t write a speech, don’t address the reader directly, don’t share your opinion, and don’t treat this like a journal entry. Don’t ask the reader to “imagine you are eating dinner” and don’t have flippant or colloquial sayings in your paper like “Because America is for the free” or “we are all Patriots on 9/11”.
· You can have a stance – ie why torture doesn’t work – but that must be backed up with loads of research and citations and presented in a neutral, non-passionate, and clearly defined way.
· Use specific examples and case studies. Use written work by experts in the field (FYI – unless your topic covers an area you’ve worked and published in for 15+ years you are not yet an expert).
· Use “real” sources – like Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), Congressional Research Service (CRS), Rand, Foreign Affairs, etc. – stay away from websites that are far right or far left wing, or materials that are self published. News sources like Washington Post, NYT, The Economist, or Wall Street Journal are OK-ish but main stream media sources should not dominate your research. When in doubt go to the source – find the original report or document.
· For the love of all that is holy, use APA formatting! MSWord will do it for you under the “references” tab, and many web sites will show you the proper formatting. These are easy points that get left behind because the author doesn’t bother, says they don’t know how, or thinks we won’t notice. Specifically this paper should have a title page, and abstract on a separate page, a running header, and font size and spacing as outlined in the instructions.
· Cite everything! If it is a fact you found somewhere – cite it. If it is a historical point – cite it. If it is an idea/theory/concept/conclusion that is not your own – cite it. The more citations the better!
· Only upload .doc or .docx – we can’t open any other file formats. Do not upload .pdfs – they are a hot mess in Canvas bc of TurnItIn.
· READ the assignment instructions and grading rubric. There are specific criteria for formatting, font size, and paper length.
· If you have any questions ask us – we are fast, friendly, and fast!
Avoid the History Trap
As you are working on your research paper I want to caution you again the “history trap”. Many of you will be profiling specific groups or organizations – please do not spend the bulk of your paper going over the groups actions. We (the graders) know the groups you are referencing – you may discuss actions as they are relevant to your prompt – but don’t have a full page on this history and achievements of the terrorist organizations. We (the graders) are focused on your ability to answer the prompt – not providing an extensive history of the groups. Don’t fall into the history trap when writing your paper – it will cost you.
*GRADING RUBRIC IN ATTACHED FILES*
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.