Course: Supporting Play Experiences ECED 1033
Assignment: Mind Map: Children and the Power of Play
Date Due: Week 6- Monday October 19th ,2020 by 11:59 pm
Please Note: This is an outline only. Further clarification will be provided in class.
Purpose: The purpose is to explore the concept of play in childhood through a mind
mapping format. Students will utilize words to explore this topic.
A mind map is a diagram used to visually organize information. A mind map is hierarchical and shows relationships among pieces of the whole. Wikipedia
Refer to the following link to review mind-mapping should you require further assistance.
Description and Assignment Expectations:
1. Research play and its’ value in children’s development. Review the literature
on how emergent curriculum supports the notion of learning through play.
2. Utilizing a free online tool, such as mindmeister.com, create a visual image of the topic of play. The following questions will help guide you in creating your mind map and the answers to these questions should be represented in your content:
1. What are the characteristics of children’s play?
2. What is the significance of child’s play?
3. What are the key roles that adults have in promoting child’s play?
4. From a developmental perspective how does play impact child development?
3. Students must include with your Mind Map a computer-generated “key” to the words you have chosen. This “key” will include your rational for choosing the word(s) and its significance to the topic of play. This document is meant to be in your own words using credible research sources and each entry should not be more than 3 sentences per word explanation. The total key should be between 2-3 pages in length. Students must reference sources for all inclusions in your mind map i.e.: Playing and Learning text, online sources, etc. Failure to appropriately reference will result in plagiarism and will be dealt with utilizing Georgian College’s Policies and Procedures.
4. Students will submit both components of this assignment together through the Assignments’ portal within the course hub on Blackboard on the day and time it is due. If assignments are handed in late the penalty will be a deduction of 10% per day to maximum of 5 days. After 5 days the assignment will no longer be accepted unless appropriate documentation has been obtained and there has been prior communication with the faculty.
Supporting Play Experiences
The Power of Play Mind Map
Value and significance /5
of play depicted
Characteristics represented /5
development and play /5
The adults’ role in
fostering children’s play /5
Key captures the word(s)
depicted and has a clear rational /15
for its inclusion
Words are clear and show /10
a direct link to the concepts
Affective use of a Mind /10
Professionally prepared and /8
use of references are appropriate
Spelling and grammar /2 Total /70 or /25%
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.