solve the problems and write the theory part
1. Bhangra Inc. is a Silicon Valley start-up. It will pay no dividends for two years. The company will pay a dividend of $7.00 per share exactly three years from today. The dividends will grow at 2% for the next two years after which the dividends will grow at the rate of 4.5% for the future. If the required return on this stock is 12 percent, what is the current share price.
2. Bhalu electronics has developed a new chip for use with the 5G network. The R&D (Research and Development) cost in developing this chip was $5.0 million. Company policy is not to sell its R&D to outside parties. The company is now considering going into production. The company has a plot in an industrial park which was purchased for $2.0 million three years ago. The current market price of the land is $2.5 million after tax. The chip has a life of 6 years after which it will become obsolete and will not be produced anymore. At the end of the life of the project, the land will be sold for $2.75 million after tax. The plant and equipment necessary for production will cost $4.5 million and will be depreciated according to a 5 year MACR schedule. The salvage value of the equipment will be $0.5 million. Sales revenue each year will be $7 million and operating costs not including depreciation will be $2.5 million. Net working capital requirement for the project is estimated to be $1.2 million which will be recovered at the end of the life of the project. Bhalu has a tax rate of 34%. The required return on the project is 12 percent. What is the NPV of the project? What is its IRR? What is the payback of this project?
5 Year MACR Schedule
Year MACR Depreciation Rate
3. You are evaluating two different pastry making machines. Bash 1 costs $235,000, has a three-year life, and has operating costs of $28,000 per year. Bash II costs $305,000, has a five-year life, and has operating cost of $17,500 per year. Assume that the straight line depreciation method is used and that the equipment is fully depreciated to zero. Both machines have zero salvage value. The relevant tax rate is 34%. If your discount rate is 15%, compute the EAC for both machines. Which do you prefer? Why?
4. A stock has had the following year end prices and dividends:
Year Price Dividend
1 $43.12 –
2 49.07 $0.55
3 51.19 0.60
4 47.24 0.63
5 56.09 0.72
6 67.21 0.81
What are the arithmetic and geometric returns for the stock?
THEORY: (5 points each)
1. Under what circumstances can IRR and NPV give conflicting signals regarding the acceptance or rejection of mutually exclusive projects? If a conflict occurs which method is preferable?
2. What are the conditions under which the NPV needs to be jettisoned in favor of using the EAC?
3. Define the following terms used in project analysis and state whether or not it is a relevant cost for inclusion in project cash flows:
a) Sunk cost
b) Opportunity cost
c) Side effects or Externalities
d) Allocated costs
e) Interest Expense
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.