Task: Select one speech from the following list and write a 3-4—page report analyzing the speech. Your report should be double spaced, adhere to APA style, and address each category listed below.
Speech options: Choose one of the top 100 speeches to evaluate from Americanrhetoric.com: https://www.americanrhetoric.com/top100speechesall.html
Your analysis should address the following categories:
• Organization: Analyze the organization of the speech. Does the speaker’s introduction and conclusion include the necessary elements, such as an attention getter, thesis, preview/review of main points, and concluding statement/call to action? What organizational pattern is used? Could the speaker have selected a more appropriate organizational pattern? Does the speaker use transitions? Are the main points clear and do they have enough supporting material? How could the speaker improve the organization of the speech? Explain your answers.
• Content: Analyze the speaker’s use of persuasion. What type of argument/reasoning does the speaker use? Does the speaker use logos, ethos, and/or pathos? How? Does the speech contain any logical fallacies? What is the goal of this speech? Does the speaker achieve the goal? How could the speaker improve the use of persuasive elements? Explain your answers.
• Vocal Delivery: Analyze the speaker’s vocal aspects of delivery. Does the speaker use proper paralinguistics? Does the speaker pause appropriately? Also, is the speech free from vocal fillers? Are words articulated and pronounced correctly? How could the speaker improve vocal aspects of delivery? Explain your answers
• Physical Delivery: Analyze the speaker’s physical aspects of delivery. Does the speaker use proper kinesics? How does the speaker use posture, gestures, illustrators, and emblems? Does the speaker have good posture and eye contact? What facial expressions are used? How could the speaker improve physical aspects of delivery? Explain your answers.
• Writing: Your paper should be at least 3 pages, double spaced, not including your heading. Your writing should be clear, concise, and easy to understand, and should be free from grammatical and syntactical errors. You should include an introduction, conclusion, and transitions in your paper. Cite sources using APA style if you use any outside resources.
A successful student will:
• Clearly and thoroughly address all parts of the paper guidelines.
• Show understanding of course concepts and apply them to the historical speech.
• Cite sources using APA style where applicable.
• Meet the minimum page length requirement.
• Use clear and concise writing that is easy to understand and is free from errors.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.