The essay will need to include the following sections:
Introduction introduce the topic and interest the reader in it. The last sentence should be the Thesis Statement
Your experience with the subject/topic – one paragraph. If you are writing about a hobby, for example, tell the reader a little about your history with this interest. If you are interviewing a friend/family member about their job, tell the reader a little about this person’s experience in the job.
The Common View – tell the reader what you believe people typically believe about the topic, which may be false or true but incomplete.
Your New Information – this will be the main part of the essay. This is where you tell your reader some things that they did not know about the topic.
Conclusion – finish the essay and leave the reader with a parting thought.
Length You should write between 4-6 pages, double-spaced, for this assignment.
Audience: students and/or faculty with a mistaken or overly narrow view of something because they lack the information that you can provide.
Your intentions: discuss commonly held misconceptions about a practice or place and then present your audience with new information that might surprise them.
When evaluating the essay, I will consider the following:
Does the essay hook and surprise the reader?
Does the essay focus on expanding readers’ knowledge by emphasizing facts?
Does it provide evidence of the common view effectively in your essay?
As a writer, do you come across as fair and reasonable, with an appropriate tone?
Does the essay conform to MLA standards?
Is the essay well written, grammatically and structurally?
Does it show evidence of an effective writing process?
The essay has the following purpose:
– to correct misinformation on a topic that you know about because you have experienced it. If you decided to do the second option to interview a family member about their job, your essay will have the same purpose. The topic should not be something so obscure that the average reader would have no idea about it. Nor should it be something unrelated to you that you found on the Internet.
The essay should include:
– An introduction with a thesis statement. The thesis statement will be the last sentence of the introduction and will say something about people not fully understanding your topic.
– A background paragraph in which you detail your experience of this topic
– one or a few paragraphs describing ‘the common view.’ This will be the limited view of those not involved in the topic. Their information might be wrong or it may be correct but incomplete.
– some paragraphs giving your new information. This is the ‘surprise’ part of the essay and the most interesting part because it gives the reader something new or a correction of something they thought they knew. It does not matter if I already know this information as long as the information is something that a non-specialist reader might reasonably not know.
– Conclusion: restate the thesis or summarize your main points briefly. Add something for the reader to think about at the end: a final opinion, a recommendation, a warning, a small anecdote, a quotation, etc.
P.S. Remember to include clear topic sentences for each of your body paragraphs.
P.P.S. Remember to include examples in the essay. If you say a sport is energetic, how is it energetic? Which parts of the body does it tire? What was your experience with this energetic element in the game?, etc. This is a four-page essay, so you will need examples to fully illustrate your points.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.