The purpose of this assignment is to identify a women’s health topic you are interested in, identify articles, and identify themes across research articles. This will increase your familiarity with your topic and will help you in writing your literature review.
Identify a health problem or issue that affects women which you would like to learn more about during the course. These can be health issues that affect only women, have a higher prevalence in women, affect women differently, etc. Then, identify a minimum of five peer reviewed research articles that answer your research question published within last five years. News articles, interviews, and general internet sources are appropriate as additional references. This research will serve as the basis for your literature review and additional assignments.
1. A word document or PDF (I can’t open pages) that contains:
• 1-2 sentence statement on what topic you plan to do
• Citations (AMA or APA preferred) for the 5 peer reviewed articles you have identified
• For each article, give a brief summary (2-3 sentences) and how you might incorporate it into the literature review (1-2 sentences)
• Draft a brief outline for your review paper – this can be more detailed if you would like more feedback before writing your literature review
2. Completed self-assessment using rubric
Picking a topic: It will be easier to locate articles and do the assignments if the topic is narrower and can answer a question. If you need to narrow the topic, you can examine specific population (e.g., adolescents, minority groups, sub-Saharan Africa) or specific disorders (e.g., uterine cancer vs. cancer).
Some past topics have included:
• • Factors that contribute to lower breastfeeding rates in teen mothers
• • Racial disparities in maternal mortality in the US
• • Non-pharmacologic options for menopause symptoms
• • Prevalence of HPV in sub-Saharan Africa and initiatives to combat
• • Postpartum depression in minority women
• • Migraines in women
• • Association between PCOS and menopause age
• • Menstrual hygiene in less developed countries
• • Gestational diabetes
• • Vaginal fistula
• • Long-term consequences of teenage dating violence
• • Reproductive cancers in the transgender population
• • End of life care for LGBT population (focusing on those who identify as female or whose biological sex is female)
Searching for articles: Some suggested places to search for research articles include google scholar, PubMed, or Web of Science. You shouldn’t need to purchase any articles – to get copies of the articles you want and not pay for them, it is best to access these databases through the library’s website and then click on “Databases & Collections” to click on PubMed or Web of Science. Additionally, you don’t need to click “free full text”; instead open the article you want and in the top right corner under “Full text links” click on the red rectangle in PubMed (Top left corner in Web of science).
Formatting references: I like using Zotero to manage my references, this allows me to keep track of my references and formats the intext citations and reference list. It will also update automatically if I make changes to the order or update the reference list if I add or delete an intext citation. There are other option as well, the library website has more information
Some things to think about when reading the articles and planning your literature review:
• • Are there similar themes that are common in several of your articles?
• • Are there articles that have similar or different findings/ arguments?
• • Are there limitations to the research done?
• • Are there things we don’t know yet and what research still needs to be done?
Example of topic sentence:
Teen girls have been shown to have worse sleep quality than teen boys. I would like to explore the causes of poor sleep among teen girls and what effects it has on their health.
Example of citations with summary and purpose:
Roeser, K., Brückner, D., Schwerdtle, B., Schlarb, A. A., & Kübler, A. (2012). Health-related quality of life in adolescent chronotypes—A model for the effects of sleep problems, sleep-related cognitions, and self-efficacy. Chronobiology International, 29(10), 1358-1365. doi:10.3109/07420528.2012.728664
• • This article examined how sleep preferences and sleep disturbances were related to quality of life among adolescents. This article will be useful in describing the impact of poor sleep for female adolescents.
Woods, H. C., & Scott, H. (2016). #Sleepyteens: Social media use in adolescence is associated with poor sleep quality, anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. Journal Of Adolescence, 41. doi:10.1016/j.adolescence.2016.05.008
• • This article examined the relationship among social media use and sleep duration and quality among adolescents. They additionally, examined how night-time use of social media was related to depression and anxiety. This article will be helpful in describing some of the causes/ barriers to sleep among adolescents and impact of poor sleep.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.